The Backwoods Carbon brings ultralight durability to a board hailed as one of the
best splitboards created for it’s versatility in a freeride setting. Featuring a pow
centric, Directional Multi Radial Camber-Rocker profile with a wide nose, narrow
tail, Carbon Weave Layup, Electra Sintered Base and our Strike Wood Core - the
Backwoods floats effortlessly in powder, is nimble in tight trees, is stiff enough
to hold an edge through chatter and crud, and is fast enough to keep you on top
all day long. Add in our Split Tech with the Backwoods’ ultralight qualities for the
uphills and you’ll burn less energy while having optimum skin traction, edge-hold
and ease of kick-turns.
- Strike Wood Core
- Vertical Aluminum
- Carbon Weave
- Directional Multi-Radial Camber Rocker
- Split Tech
- Karakoram Ultra Clips
- Forged Tips
- Rooted Inserts
- Electra Sintered Base
- UHMW PE Sidewalls
- Stitched Tips
- 1% For the Planet
- 4 Years Warranty
|The compatible bindings:||Spark R&D, Karakoram, Rossignol/Plum, Voile-USA Light Rail, Voile-USA Speed Rail, Burton/Spark Hitchhiker, Union|
|Length:||163w, 160, 163, 152, 167 Wide, 157|
|Processing + construction:||Industrially, Wood / Carbon|
|Shape + Flex:||All Mountain, well-balanced|
|Lengths + wide division:||150cm - 160cm, 161cm - 168cm, < 260mm = small, ~ 260mm = normal , > 260mm = wide|
|Construction method / weight:||extrem leicht|
|Board Weight kg||2,5 kg||2,6 kg||2,7 kg||2,8 kg||2,8 kg||2,9 kg|
|Effektive Edge (cm)||113||118||121||123,5||123,5||127,5|
|Tail Lenght (cm)||15||15||15||15||15||15|
|Tip Width (cm)||30,1||30,8||31,2||31,5||31,5||32,4|
|Tail Width (cm)||28,3||29,0||29,4||29,7||30,9||31,9|
|Sidcut (m)||7.3 | 6.5 | 7.5||7.5 | 6.7 | 7.8||7.7 | 6.9 | 8,0||7,8 | 7,0 | 8,2||7,8 | 7,0 | 8,2||8,0 | 7.2 | 8.0|
Terrain: Powder, Freeride
Snowboarder Ability Level: Advanced
Splitboard Rocker Type: Camber-Rocker
Splitboard Shape: Directional
Splitboard Flex: Medium
- Strike Wood Core - This is our most high-tec and lightweight splitboard core infusing vertical aluminum stringers and lightweight paulownia wood laminated at 45 degrees to further increase strength.
- Vertical Aluminum - Aluminum is laminated between wood stringers to provide added strength and dampening.
- Carbon Weave - Multi-axis carbon fiber replaces fiberglass to create a lightweight, yet responsive topsheet.
- Directional Multi-Radial Camber Rocker - A gradual increase from the nose to a more aggressive camber radius in the tail provides better pop/dampening on drops and control on bigger lines while reverse camber in the tip and tail help to keep you afloat.
- Split Tech - We don’t skimp on our splitboards. You’ll see a full inner metal edge, complete with sidewall and dampening tape. Also, when facing a kickturn on a steep slope, you want all the help you can get - that’s why we balance our splitboards so that they are tail heavy.
- Karakoram Ultra Clips - Ultra Clips deliver unmatched compression between board halves and they are adjustable so you can maintain even compression as your splitboard ages.
- Forged Tips - Stainless steel metal tip and tail pieces protect from damage and increase durability.
- Rooted Inserts - Just like roots help keep a plant grounded, flax reinforcement in areas of the core help increase strength and durability.
- Electra Sintered Base - Carbon additives distribute static friction across the base, creating a more even film of water to glide on and our fastest base.
- UHMW PE Sidewalls - Highly durable sidewall that protects the splitboard's core from impact and increases torsional stability.
- Stitched Tips - Our tip and tail spacers are stitched to the core to provide added durability.