Big mountains beckon and this splitboard sets the standard for hard-charging control in remote terrain.
Big chutes, bigger drops, steeper faces. If these are the reasons you're getting a splitboard, it's the Family Tree Straight Chuter Splitboard you want under your feet. Inspired by the hard-charging style of Burton rider Danny Davis, the Straight Chuter is built for speed, stability, and aggressiveness to ride the lines others won't. The Split Channel board mount keeps the small stuff simple, so you can focus on setting your sights on something big.
- BEND: Directional Camber
- SHAPE/FLEX: Directional, 18mm Taper, Directional
- CORE: DragonFly 600G Splitboard Core,Squeezebox
- FIBERGLASS/BASE: 45° Carbon Highlights High Voltage,Recycled Sintered WFO
- EXTRAS: Split Channel, Super Sap® Epoxy, Balanced Freeride Geometry, Pro-Tip, Infinite Ride
- ARTIST: Ty Williams ty-williams.com
- PERSONALITY: 4 - 7 (Medium - Aggressive)
- TERRAIN: Park: 0, Groomers: 3, Powder: 10
|Shape + Flex:||All Mountain, rather softy|
|Lengths + wide division:||150cm - 160cm, 161cm - 168cm, ~ 260mm = normal , > 260mm = wide|
|Construction method / weight:||normally|
|Processing + construction:||Industrially, Wood / fiber glass|
|The compatible bindings:||Spark R&D, SP United, Voile-USA Light Rail, Voile-USA Speed Rail|
|Nose Lenght (mm)||300||300|
|Effektive Edge (mm)||1185||1215|
|Nose Width (mm)||304.4||308.5|
|Tail Width (mm)||286.4||290.5|
The Straight Chuter is the link between Hometown Hero and Hero X, because it already has the Dragonfly 600 G core.
Hence the higher price. The 162 covers a wide range - but a little longer would not have hurt.
Nevertheless - very good All Mnt Shape with lightweight construction and balanced flex thanks to the Dragon Fly core.